Friday, September 14, 2012

The Rewards!

sweet note from a former student!
Sometimes being a teacher can be a very thankless job.  It is very easy to be running around with your fingers in everything at the school and realize that no one has said thank you for anything!  If you are a teacher, this is not why you have chosen the profession.  You already know that no one will say thank you and in some cases even recognize the hard work that you put in.  You just keep on going and try to  help kids to the best of your abilities.

All of this being said, sometimes something just catches you off guard and fills you with sunshine.  Earlier this week I dashed out of school quickly because I had an appointment.  Went to the appointment, prepped dinner, walked dog, picked up Babes, walked dog and Babes around the neighborhood, cooked dinner, set table, served dinner, ate dinner, cleaned off table, did dishes, cleaned kitchen, made lunches, put Babes to bed, finally had a moment to myself....felt worn out!!!!  The next day we did the daily routine and got out of the house in one piece.  I made it to school and got into my classroom and found the sweetest note from a former student on my board.  You can see the note in the picture above.  This student was one of my favorites!  She is in college now and moved away from the nest.  It was so nice of her to stop in and see me and I'm truly sorry I missed her!

Seeing this note really made my whole day.  Sometimes you never know the impression or effect you have on a student until they are gone.  This student was a joy to have in class and although she often didn't say much, when she did it was very meaningful.  She was always very thoughtful...even bought the Babes a Christmas gift last year!  So kind!

In education, it truly is the little things that make all the difference in the world!  I really love my job and although everyday isn't always a walk in the park, helping kids makes it easy to get out of bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment