Wednesday, September 19, 2012

0-3...heartbroken...


I need to apologize to anyone out there actually keeping up with my blog.  I have not been able to get to writing in a while.  Life has gotten a little bit crazier then usual...more on that to come.

Last Saturday night, we played a very good game against a very good team - The Crusaders of John Bapst.  The game was played at their field which they share with Bangor High School.  The stadium is beautiful.  It has a huge bleacher section that towers over the field.  They also have a really nice track that goes encircles the field.  This was JBMHS's Homecoming.  Of course it was, every school likes to play us on Homecoming because they think it will be an easy win.  Well, this one did not come easy - even though the score would tell you other wise.

Because the game was a Saturday night and in the big city of Bangor, I decided to go up Saturday afternoon and spend the night at Coach's grandparents house.  They are the nicest, most loving, and caring people you could ever meet.  They are overly generous and just love to spend time with their great-grand daughter.  I swear being around the Babes takes years off of those too.  Before we headed for the big city Coach, Babes,  Poocher and I did the Down East AIDS Network AIDS Awareness walk through town.  It was lovely.  There was a good group of people, other babies in strollers, and even one or two crazier dogs then our Poocher.  It was a wonderful event and we are happy that we participated!  After the walk...the Babes and I headed to Bangor.  We left Coach to dwell in his own pre-game madness.  

Of course we had to stop at Target before we made it out to Gram and Gramp's house.  Oh how I love Target.  I wanted to get the Babes a pair of jeans and I wanted to get myself a couple things for my new Kitchen...more on this later!

Gram and Gramp made us hamburgers and then we hightailed it to the field.  The atmosphere of the stadium was electric.  The Babes was so happy to be at a football game!  She just loves the whole thing...the kids, the noises, the excitement!  She also loves that her doctor is also the team doctor.  They play together before the game starts...this week they played some catch.

She really enjoys football.  I know that I am somewhat bias being her mom and all...but, she really enjoys and follows the games.  All day long she say, "football!"  If a highlight reel comes on, she screams and giggles in delight!  I think it is mostly because she associates football with her dad...which is great!  I almost feel sorry for her because Coach is gone so much during the season.  It really does stink.  We spend all summer together and then preseason starts and we don't see Coach for about 10 hours of the day.  Even with school starting and the Babes being at day care...Coach doesn't get home until about 6pm every day and that's only about an house and a half of time they spend together.  I do make him give her her bath very night...so that is their time!  They enjoy it...they are always laughing and playing around. Lately, her big thing in the tub is bubbles...she has a blast with them!

Anyway....back to the game.  The first half of the game was unreal.  We did everything right and executed all the plays perfectly.  Our team was playing both great offense and unreal defense.  This is something that hasn't happened in recent games....the kids looked real good.  JBMHS has had a football program for many years...they are well seasoned.  They have won a few state championships.  We held them to 7 points in the first half.  That is pretty amazing!  

After half time...they came back, with force.  We ended up losing the game 40-0.  Such a sad night.  I really felt heart broken...It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't know how much behind the scenes work goes into each game.  It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't know how hard the kids push themselves.  It really makes my heart hurt.  However, the upside of this sitich is that the kids know that they played a really good first half...we just need to learn how to finish!

Next Friday night, we take on the Huskies of MCI on the road.  I'm not sure I am going to make the trip...which would be a bummer.  It's a long drive and I will have a kitchen that I need to put back together.  

Thanks for checking in and checking me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment