Sunday, September 9, 2012

0-2...


Nothing great to report this weekend.  I feel so bad for our team and the coaches.  We really were working hard and looking forward to taking on the Hawks.  It was a perfect foggy night for football and the lights made the field look good.  We came out strong and looked really good....but in the end, the bad guys won :(

Roll Call!
We had control of the ball and scored first.  It took a while for the Hawks to answer, but they did.  Each team had a touchdown called back.  The game was fairly exciting...but I couldn't help but be almost broken hearted at the final whistle.


The Starters

The kids played with enthusiasm and the cheerleaders and fans were into the game.  Actually, we had a pretty good crowd in attendance.  One of the highlights of our home games these days is our AMAZING announcer Mary Cady.  Back in the day, she used to announce Coach's home football games.  She pretty much is a legend-waitforit-ary.  She really does us a favor coming all the way DownEast, but secretly, I think she likes hearing her voice over the PA system...echoing through campus.  Mary coming down for the games has really helped the community get into football.  She really knows her stuff and since a lot of people don't - Mary helps to explain the game, penalties, and flags...our fans really enjoy having her and I hope she will continue to shlep on down Route 9 for our remaining home games.  

At half time, I had to bring the Babes with me to pass out fruit to the team.  Typically there is a family member or student around that I will leave her with, but not this time.  It worked out just fine.  We headed over the end zone and I started to pass out the goods.  The Babes was very helpful bringing fruits over to the kids.  I am usually done my duty before the coaches make it over for their half time talk.  Not this time, I was just getting to picking up the garbage when the coaches came down.  Of course the Babes was excited to see Coach, so we stayed for the half-time speech.  I have to say, I thought it was pretty inspiring.  
The Babes and Coach, coaching them up at half time.
I feel like I should have been on the side line, but how could you pass up a photo op like this one!  Too cute!  She was right next to him the whole time and she was really into what Coach was telling the kids.  

The final score was 28-12.  The kids walked off the field heavy hearted.  Coach was pretty upset.  I stopped at Subway and got him a sandwich, put the Babes to sleep and waited up for him to get home.  He really didn't want to talk about the game...which was understandable.  After a little chat, I just went to bed.  The upside of the loss for the Babes and I was that I knew that Coach wouldn't go scouting on Saturday.  Could there be potential for a family day on Sunday??!!  

Well, hoping the kids will come together and work hard this week.  We go against a pretty good team on Saturday...the Crusaders.  The nice thing is that we play on a Saturday and in Bangor - so that's one more day of practice for the team and an opportunity for me to shop a little bit when I go to the big City!

OK, thanks for checking in and checking me out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment