Thursday, September 27, 2012

1-3...Holy Cow!!

Oh my word!  It has been too long since I've actually been able to sit down and do this.  Last week was a lot more trying then I thought it would be.  Home renovations are no fun at all....but the outcome can be wonderful.  Living for a week in a construction zone was enough to almost set me over the edge.  It actually forced me to do something that I've never done before...miss a football game!  Wouldn't you know it, the game that I miss is not only their first victory, but a totally exciting barn burner!

Because of the work being done to the kitchen and not really being able to get into the kitchen until 4:30 or 5pm most days, cooking meals didn't really go as planned.  We spent a lot of time and money going out to eat 4 nights out of 5...BOO!!  When Friday rolled around and the guys were still in and out of the house, I didn't think it would be right to not be there.  So, the team left school at 130pm that afternoon and the Babes, Poocher, and I stayed home and frantically awaited text messages from both of my Mothers-in-law.

We played MCI.  They are located south of Bangor.  For us, it was about a 3 hour ride.  The Babes was asking all day about football...it would have been too much for us to go and really late coming home.  Not to mention that she would have slept through half the game and I would be driving home by myself.  So, instead the Babes, Bob, and I went for dinner and had a nice evening at home after.  We, the Babes and I, cuddled on the couch and watched Annie.  Cuddling on the couch and watching movies is usually reserved for just her and Coach, she usually won't let me on the couch when they are!

I probably received over 100 text messages that night.  The game was THAT exciting.  I couldn't give you all the highlights now.  But I could tell you this: the game came down the the last seconds and we were losing.  We kicked a 46 yard field goal for the win by 1 point...as time expired!  It really doesn't get any more thrilling then that!  The kids were so excited and the sidelines were electric.  I know this because they were the lead off story for most of Maine's 11 o'clock sports news coverage!  When I finally got ahold of Coach, he was so excited you could hear it through the phone!  The kids were going nuts in the background. I could not have been happier...except of course if I had been there!  Some of the faithful parents who made the trip told Coach that I can't go to any more games!!  I couldn't imagine missing another one!

They finally got home at 130am...a really long day but thank goodness it had a happy ending!  Next Friday is our last away game of the regular season...we take on the Eagles.  I am really looking forward to wheeling the baby up and down the side lines - where I belong!

Coming soon...kitchen updates and a few recipes!  Wait until you see the final product of my new beautiful kitchen...I really think it is a thing of beauty!

Thank you for checking in and checking out my blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment