Wednesday, August 29, 2012

DIY Wednesday

Well I didn't think that I was going to get to anything today because we had our first day of school.  Actually, only the teachers had to report today for day long meetings and organizing of the class rooms.  We will be meeting again tomorrow for the day....The kiddos don't return until Wednesday.  So, the summer will linger with a long weekend and then the grind will be back in full force.

This morning when I was taking this sweet poocher for a walk at 4:45am, I found a empty frame on the side of the road.  Let me back track...yes the dog, whose name is Maggie was actually up at about 4:15 am...Coach will NEVER get up to take her out in the morning, that is my job.  She is really a sweet girl, but 4:15 in the MORNING??!!  I guess if you gotta go, you gotta go.  Luckily, I could get her to stay in bed until about 4:45 and then I gave in and had to get out of the comfort and warmth of my bed and took the sweet girl out side.  I guess it was a good thing that I did, because I found the inspiration for my DIY!!
Maggie...the early riser!
So, I found this frame and took it home.  When we were all finally ready to leave the house...Coach was wondering why I had a ball of twine, nails, a hammer, and of course the frame in my hands!  I feel like stuff like this happens a lot in our house...I am typically always up to something and he doesn't really ever question it anymore!  Better off that he doesn't and just enjoys the final product.


Basically what I created was a simple wall hanging to put important papers, best works, or papers with no names on them.  Here is what the final product looks like:

New wall hanging...Yes that is David on the chalk board!  He is always watching!


It was really very simple...I am sorry that I did not take a close up picture.  I will take another one tomorrow and post it.

SO, here is what you will need:

Twine
Clothes pins
Frame (the frame that I found on the road looks like it might have either had a mirror in it or maybe a print.  The frame was nothing special and actually needed a little TLC...if you can find something cheap at a yard sale you'd be all set.)



The first thing I did was cut a length of twine and tie it to the side of the frame.  Next, I wrapped the twine around the frame a few times.  When the twine felts secure I continued the same steps in a zig-zag pattern.  You really could go with any pattern that you like, but, zig-zag worked for me.  Remember to wrap the twine at least 3 or 4 times around the side of the frame.  If you wanted to use hot glue on the frame and then wrap the twine...you certainly could.  I didn't feel it was necessary...and I didn't bring my hot glue gun to school!  

Here is what the frame and twine looked like before I added the clothes pins.  If you don't want to use clothes pins, you don't have to...maybe paper clips or binder clips - to fit with the school theme - would suit your fancy more!

The last step was adding the clothes pins and hanging it up on the wall!  I was thinking that I was going to have to secure the clothes pins with glue on the twine...but I didn't!  I just pinned them on and it works just fine!  Now I have a spot to hang papers and it just looks a little more interesting!

I guess it wasn't so bad getting out of bed so early this morning to take the poocher for a walk!  I walked right into inspiration!!







In football news...Coach said the kids had a good practice today.  We have one more practice day left before we take it on the road for a true test on Friday against the Golden Bucks.  I am looking forward to going to the game and also getting to visit with my friend Kate and her family at her fabulous camp on the The Jake.

Stay tuned for at least two more posts this week...I'm working on one in my head about what it is like to lose your husbands attention for sport!  Obviously, I will also give you the play by play for the road game on Friday!  Thanks for checking in and checking me out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment