Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The High Light of Homecoming...

Boy, I am seriously a blog slacker!  I didn't realize how much time my life takes and how little time I can designate to my blog.  But, for the three of you loyal fans out there (kate, vanna, and lea!)  I am going to keep on posting...when football is over - I will have a lot more time!

I told you last time that we celebrated Homecoming at our school a couple weeks ago.  I was so busy running around and doing things for Homecoming, it was hard to breath.  I was lining up the parade on Friday night, when from the corner of my eye I saw a girl I knew...but, not a DownEast girl!  It was my girl Kate!!  What a sweet surprise!  Since I literally live at the end of the earth - we don't get many visitors.  So, when someone does pop up, it is a big deal.  She came down with her mom - Mary, professional announcer, and stayed for the game and came over for a little while after.  It was so wonderful to see her...

While Kate was in town, she was able to take some great pics from the game!  The game was clearly NOT a highlight of the weekend, but having Kate there was a highlight for me.  I have to admit, it is a hard sell trying to get a grownup to enjoy high school sports as much as I do.  Going to a game with me is not about sitting in the stands and being a spectator.  The Babes and I are typically on the sideline and  roll up and down following the ball.  It's hard for me to go to the game with someone because I want to be apart of the action (...yes, I realize how pathetic this statement is.)  Anyway, Kate stuck with me and I hope she had fun!!  Since it was Homecoming, the King and Queen got to ride in the front of the parade in an awesome Mustang.  After the football game the Queen came down and turned over her crown so that we can use it next year.  Kate was appalled that she had to relinquish her crown...however, Kate had no problems walking around for the rest of the night re-living her youth!!  She had crowned her self Homecoming Queen...and proceeded to take pictures of herself in her regalia.

Queen for the night!
After the game was over, Mary and Kate came over to my house to check out the new kitchen and hangout for a bit.  It was great to have them over, even though the visit was brief.  Kate won't be able to make it to the Babes baptism which is this coming weekend, that is why she decided to pop in for the surprise visit.  I was really excited to have them over...sometimes living at the end of the world is a lonely place.  It's nice to be reminded of how good friends can just make your day!

I'm sorry that Kate won't be able to make it to the Baptism...however I am looking forward to having a crowd of people down this weekend to celebrate.  Will be doing lots of cooking and baking...first have to scrub the house, have a team dinner on Thursday, game on Friday, Thanksgiving Dinner on Saturday, and the Baptism with luncheon on Sunday....it never ends here at the end of the world!!

I wanted to add one more picture that Kate took at the game last week.   It's me and the Babes.  The end of the game was getting near and I was crouched down near the sidelines watching the time tick away.  She walked over to me and crouched down next to me...same pose...too cute. When Kate sent it to me, she entitled the photo, "Sassy Butts."

Sassy Butts


Well...thanks for checking in and checking me out!  Next up is a couple a great recipes...

No comments:

Post a Comment